Established in 1990, the Asian Pacific Community Fund (APCF) is a network of community organizations focused on enhancing the lives of Asian Pacific Islanders throughout Los Angeles County. The mission of the Asian Pacific Community Fund is to cultivate philanthropists to invest in organizations that empower Asian and Pacific Islanders to prosper. We transform lives and meet the diverse needs of Asians and Pacific Islanders by
1) building healthier communities
2) developing leaders
3) creating a stronger voice; and
4) providing the foundation for a brighter tomorrow.
Our vision is a thriving Asian and Pacific Islander community fostered by a culture of philanthropy.
The Asian Pacific Policy and Planning Council (A3PCON) is a coalition of community-based organizations that advocates for the rights and needs of the Asian and Pacific Islander American (APIA) Community in the greater Los Angeles area, with a particular focus on low income, immigrant, refugee and other disadvantaged sectors of the population. To accomplish this mission, A3PCON strives to:
- Serve as a vehicle for promoting the needs, interests and concerns of the APIA Community to policy makers and the general public.
- Promote collaboration, planning and collective action amongst its members to support common advocacy/policy, organizational development and capacity-building goals.
- Activate the APIA electorate and promote public accountability to the APIA community through non-partisan political and electoral participation.