Why Join OCA-Greater Los Angeles?
- You’ll get two for the price of one!
- You’ll become a vital member of a national organization at the cutting edge of advocating for Asian Pacific Americans’ civil rights.
- Support our presence in our nation’s capital, Washington , D.C. Support our staff in the national office in Washington , D.C. to monitor government and political activities and ensure that the civil rights of all Chinese Americans and Asian Americans are not being compromised.
- Become a member of a national organization, the “OCA family”, consisting of 80 chapters and affiliates.
- Participate in the democratic process through National Board meetings, the annual National Convention, Leadership development programs, and other OCA-sponsored activities.
- Receive our quarterly news magazine, “Image”, which provides current information of interest to Chinese Americans and Asian Americans by covering legislation, political developments, social and economic issues, as well as educational and professional opportunities.
- Provide the next generation with education and professional support, including internships, scholarships, informational resources and career guidance.
- Come to our National Convention! Meet other Asian Pacific Americans who have made significant contributions in paving the way for future generations.
- Join an organization with political influence to attract distinguished speakers.
- Receive regular e-mails, newsletters and mailings about upcoming events and key issues in Southern California.
- Participate in events ranging from: community forums on important issues of the day; book readings; picnics; voter registration; education drives; Citizenship Days; service days; networking mixers; outings to plays, Hollywood Bowl, Dodger games, etc.; and of course, our annual Image Awards.
As a member of OCA-GLA, you become a member of OCA-National, and you get all the great benefits of participating in an active local chapter.
Many OCA-GLA events have discounted member rates and/or member perks.
Are you ready to join OCA-GLA? Simply purchase membership online by clicking here. You can also mail a completed membership application along with your membership payment to OCA-GLA, 1145 Wilshire Blvd., 1st Floor, Los Angeles, CA 90017. Please feel free to contact email@example.com for more information.