OCA-GREATER LOS ANGELES CHAPTER
Executive Director Job Announcement
OCA-Greater Los Angeles Chapter (OCA-GLA) is the local chapter of a national non-profit organization whose mission is to advance the social, political, and economic well-being of Asian Pacific Americans in the United States. OCA-GLA is seeking an Executive Director based in the OCA-GLA Chapter office in Los Angeles, CA to grow the chapter’s advocacy, programs and fundraising efforts.
The Executive Director reports directly to the OCA-GLA Board of Directors and is responsible for all aspects of managing a non-profit organization. The position is a full-time, exempt position and salary is commensurate with experience.
▪ Fundraising and Financial Management – Execute a fundraising plan ($150K per annum) that includes developing and maintaining individual, corporate, and foundation donors.
▪ Strategic Planning and Board Engagement – support the Board of Directors in its governance role and work to achieve the chapter’s short-term and long-term goals.
▪ Program Development – work with the Board of Directors to develop and implement programming in accordance with the mission and goals of OCA-GLA.
▪ Event Planning – work with the Board of Directors to plan and execute events, Attend all OCA-GLA events.
▪ Manage OCA-GLA’s office, including day-to-day operations.
▪ Manage OCA-GLA’s website and social media platforms.
▪ Supervise staff, volunteers and summer interns around specific projects and programs.
▪ Attend or participate in various community events on behalf of OCA-GLA.
▪ Demonstrated interest in the social, political, and economic issues affecting Asian Pacific Americans.
▪ Demonstrated commitment to advancing the well-being of the Asian Pacific American community.
▪ Proven fundraising track record.
▪ Relevant work and/or volunteer experience.
▪ Excellent oral and written communication skills.
▪ Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite; graphic design/Photoshop proficiency preferred.
▪ Must have a graduate or bachelor’s degree from an accredited educational institution.
▪ U.S. citizenship or legal permanent residency.
▪ Availability to work some nights and weekends.
▪ Positive, flexible, enthusiastic, and can-do attitude.
▪ Ability to work independently with little supervision.
▪ Occasional heavy lifting and transport materials related to OCA-GLA events.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, references, and resume to email@example.com by October 24, 2017.
OCA-GLA is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. If you have any questions, please contact OCA-GLA by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.