OCA-Greater Los Angeles chapter (OCA-GLA) awards $680 naturalization grants to assist qualified individuals in Los Angeles County apply for U.S. citizenship. This one-time grant will provide financial assistance towards the application fee. Recipients will also be given the opportunity to receive legal assistance from Asian Americans Advancing Justice – Los Angeles (Advancing Justice-LA) throughout the naturalization process. All interested individuals are asked to complete a written application which can be found below or by calling the office at 213-250-9888. Applicants must show proof of residency in Los Angeles County and demonstrate eligibility to become a U.S. citizen. Viable candidates will be interviewed in a confidential screening process by OCA-GLA and Advancing Justice-LA.
The application period for OCA-GLA’s Mentored Path to Citizenship grant is now closed. Please check back in Winter 2016 for the 2017 Mentored Path to Citizenship announcement.
To qualify for the Mentored Path to Citizenship Grant, you must:
- Meet all the requirements for citizenship, including the ability to speak, read and write in English (unless you qualify for a waiver of this requirement)
- Show proof of residency in Los Angeles County
- Show proof of lawful permanent resident status (e.g. your green card)
- Show evidence of financial need through income tax returns, government benefits statements, bank records, etc.
- Participate in naturalization interview and civics exam preparation classes provided by OCA-GLA and Advancing Justice-LA
- Have no relatives or family members of past or present employees or board members associated with OCA-GLA, OCA National Office or Advancing Justice-LA
For more information, contact OCA-GLA: